This introductory course introduces students to the importance of strategies such as time and distance, cover and concealment and the real risks of edge weapon attacks. It has been built on sound and proven principles from the law enforcement and academic communities. The course augments basic officer safety principles and techniques.
This course is excellent follow-up to the Introduction to Crisis Communications & De-escalation Strategies for the Front-Line course.
Upon completion participants will be able to:
· Understand the advantage of time and distances in any critical incident
· Understand the differences between cover and concealment
· Understand the real risks of an edged weapon attack
· Identify important threat cues prior to an assault or attack
· Implement key officer safety techniques to proactively limit the chances of attack or assault
One four-hour training session