This course will teach students how to complete notes for any type of incident they are involved in. It will ensure notes are taken in the first instance and able to be presented in court. This course will further explain how officers can articulate their actions during critical or use of force incidents.
A practical assignment will be completed by students and critiqued by a course facilitator.
This course is excellent follow-up to the Introduction to Crisis Communications & De-escalation Strategies for the Front-Line course.
Upon completion participants will be able to:
· Document interactions with persons throughout their work day
· Articulate their actions in any incident
· Prepare notes for litigation both civilly and criminally
· Prepare clear, concise and professional notes
· Articulate use of force actions if required
One eight-hour training session